Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Run Slow

Run Day
time- 40 min.
distance- 4.22mi

I need to be picking up the pace on my runs. Also, the run times from the training plan I'm working from only go to 60 minutes, and that will not be long enough of a long run for me to feel prepared, since that will be, at best, seven miles. So at some point soon I'm going to have to extend the recommended run times. I'll also have to pick up the pace. The best way to do that, from what I found last training cycle, was interval work. So maybe next weekend my long run will be a run, sprint, jog. Need to pick it up during the week too.
Found another tri I'd like to do. This one is March 5th, a Sprint up on the North Shore called the Guard Dog Triathlon. Haven't registered yet, but I'm working on it. Put my longboard up for sale on craigslist to fund my race habit. Hope it sells...but kinda don't. Its nice to own a board even if I don't use it nearly as much as I used to.

1 comment:

  1. They must plan for your pace to be faster than what yours is. I would work on increasing pace, rather than increasing time. You need to work on your fast for 60 minutes, not your medium for 80.

    ReplyDelete