Thursday, February 10, 2011

Gettin' Wet

Swim Day

1 x 150- Warm-up
3 x 300- 4:30
2 x 400- 6:00
1 x 500- Stroke Focus

total- 2350yds

Distance days are going to be all about maintaining stroke quality over time. The key to swimming a long way fast is preventing the stroke degradation that can come with muscle fatigue. I have to train my body to hold that stroke no matter how far I'm going or how tired I am. Speed days will work on holding on to technique when blown out. Distance days will work on holding on to technique when my muscles are worn.
I made nearly all of my time standards today, missed the second 400 by about 15 seconds, but I was fading hard by then. I'm having trouble keeping focused for that long still, staying on top of the intensity. That'll come. One more distance day goal.

Run Day
time- 25 minutes
distance- 2.86mi

I should have left my swim suit on. Almost as soon as I got out the door it started raining. Just a little at first. But before long it was raining pretty hard. Luckily it kept up for only about ten minutes of my run. The hard rain. It rained in some fashion the entire run.
Never the less, I pressed on and, for the most part, pressed hard. Set a good pace for myself up until the end and cooled it off the last four minutes or so. Lost my edge and the bottom of my left foot tightened up. I am an Injury Paranoid Runner so any little thing and I'll check down. Still, happy with the run.
Oh yeah, it stopped raining when I got in the shower. Practically sunny now. Stupid chirping birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment