Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gettin' Busy With It

Swim Day

1 x 150- Warm-up
3 x 200- Pull
3 x 100- 1:30
1 x 100- Cool down

Swims feel strong right now. During that pull set I was focusing on finishing my stroke and activating my tris all the way through the flick. This creates soreness, which creates muscle. Yay, muscle!
Body position feels wobbly. I should be swimming on a rail, everything moving in a straight line, and I'm not. I blame a weak core. Next week I'll be starting core work on a regular basis to help take care of that problem. Strong core with make everything better.

Run Day
time- 20mi
dist- ? 2.3mi

Picked up the pace today a little on my run. I know its a rest week but the run was only 20 minutes long. Concentrated on pulling through my hamstrings and glutes. Stride was good, even if my turn-over is still too slow. Cadence gets worked on soon.

Side Note:
Dear Meetings I am constantly going to,
Stop bringing food! We do not need to snack that much. We will not die and will, in fact, get more done if we do not eat. My willpower hates your cookies and chips. Knock it off. Then you won't be counting points at lunch.
Love and Kisses,
The Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment