Monday, February 7, 2011

Hold the Rain

Swim Day

1 x 150- Warm-up
4 x 200- 100- 5, 7, 9/100- stroke count
4 x 100- Pull
1 x 100 Cool down
total- 1450yds

Pregnant Lady was swimming next to me again today. I stole a look at her workout sheet. She's doing many much yardage. Her baby is going to be born swimming faster than I do.
That 200 set is a really good way to mess with the cardiovascular system. Eventually breathing on the 5, 7, 9 gets hard. This normally happens when the four count of a nine stroke section intersects with a wall, which ends one of two ways. Either flip turn and keep it together keep it together relax stay cool nine breathe OR flip turn fivesixseveneightbreathe! And the second way completely screws up the next lap as you (I) try to re-find the rhythm. But following 100 of that with 100 of stretch it out to get as few strokes as possible in to each lap lengthens the stroke out nicely. Also, right now I'm hovering at about 15 strokes per lap. Too many, but it'll drop.

Bike Day
time- 54 minutes
distance- 15.5 mi

Every time I do this distance it feels better and quicker. I'm trying to focus on cadence up the inclines. Getting there. If I can stay strong and quick while climbing, I will be in a hugely better position come race day, when the course is mostly flat.
Other than moron local driver making a right turn from the far left lane reeeeeally close to me it was a fairly uneventful ride. Not too much rain, sprinkles is all. Pouring now. I'd like that to stop by tomorrow. Not so much for the swim (wet anyway), but the run. I'd rather not treadmill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment