Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dirtbag Chafing

Swim Day

1 x 150- Warm-up
2 x 400- 6:00
1 x 50- easy
1 x 500- 7:30
1 x 50- easy
2 x 400- 6:00
1 x 50- easy
2 x 200- 3:00 (Hard)
1 x 100- Cool down
total- 2900yds

Lots of yards today. According to the plan I'm following today should be my longest swim day of the training cycle. That is probably going to be true. Heavy days like this are good, but now I need to start trimming the sets down and focusing on getting my Strong, Smooth, and Sustainable stroke a little faster. I made all my sets with at least ten seconds rest. And mentally I was in a good place, thinking that 400s really aren't very far. This is good.
My stroke felt good, quick, solid. Even felt like I was swimming downhill for some of the sets. And I was working the kick which, as I've mentioned, has been a weak point. I forgot how helpful a good kick is. And the exertion is pretty low so it shouldn't burn my legs for the ride or run. Put it this way, if the kick burns my legs then I deserve to crash and fail.
So positive swim day today. Good distance, good stroke, felt strong. Now we hope the weather stays nice for the rest of the weekend.

Run Day

time- 50min
distance- 5.93mi

Good run again today. I might be getting greedy now because last week I was happy with this pace but now I think I can go faster. I need to listen to my body though and take it slow. My right need was sore by the end of the run. Will ice later to be safe.
Hit my turn around at 24 minutes, made it back in 26, that's an acceptable fade.
Ran without socks today to start the toughening up process for my feet in the VFF KSOs. Like I expected, I rubbed a section of my foot raw. I'll care for it, let it heal, and then do it again until I get a rough spot. Also, my thighs chafed today. I don't know what that's about but its a pain in the general ass region.
Tomorrow's a rest day, yay for that. And then a long run and a really long ride planned for this weekend. The weather was great today but its raining now. I need it to be nice-ish. That would be great, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment