Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Own Little Tri

Swim Day

1 x 150- Warm-up
Ladder
200- 3:00
300- 4:30
400- 6:00
500- 7:30
400- 6:00
300- 4:30
200- 3:00
1 x 100- Cool down

total- 2550yds

I'm frustrated with my swim time at the Lanikai race and my frustration is carrying over to my workouts. I've done this workout before, weeks ago. And I feel like it went better then than that it did this morning. I missed the 500 and the second 400. I'm three months in to this training and I still can't focus and push a 400 at a 1:30 pace? That makes for a grumpy Tattooed Wake (my swimming alter-ego, remember?). I know the problem is in my head too. I lose focus and I lose speed. I think I need to find someone to swim with next time I train. At least once a week. I can't afford a Masters team, but there's got to be a friend out there who can help push me. I know I've been making great gains in my cycling and running, but I haven't moved in the water. I know I started out much higher there than in the other two, but I've been putting some heavy yardage in. Just don't feel like I've had a solid, positive swim workout in a few weeks. Grumble grumble grumble.

Brick Day

Ride
distance-23.6mi
Run
time-31 minutes
distance- 3.5mi

I missed working out Wednesday because of a school thing and I've been meaning to start throwing bricks in to my workouts, so that led to this.
The ride went fairly well. I tried to push, like I always do, and succeeded on some portions and felt slow on others. Pounded up Kolekole hill in 15 minutes or maybe 14. I'm not sure because I forgot my watch at home. I was tired, give me a break.
Quick change and I was off on a half hour run. The distance isn't all that impressive giving the pace that I have been setting during my runs, but I had woken up at 4:35, swum, taught all day, then rode 23 miles beforehand so I can't be all that upset about it.
What's nice is right now the jelly legs of transition aren't hitting me too hard. I didn't feel it during the Lanikai tri very much and didn't really feel it yesterday. Probably means that I'm not riding hard enough.
Today, Friday, is a day off, then it back to training on Saturday with a nice, long, run.

No comments:

Post a Comment