Saturday, September 25, 2010

Special Combo Blog- Just For You!!!

Stupid interwebs were down last night when I tried to post my swim so instead you all get a double combo super bonus recovery week blog! Print this blog out and bring it in to any Denny's for a free Grand Slam with purchase of any regular lemonade!*

*offer not valid at any or all Denny's locations

Swim Day- RW 9/24

1 x 1750- 27:08

1,750 yards is one mile. It's also 70 laps in a 25 yard pool. This is a lot of laps. This can be boring. Oddly enough, its really only the first 35 laps that are really boring. After than you feel like you're on the downhill side and it gets easier. I knew I could do this, and I wasn't pumping at all, but I felt that it would be good for me to swim an extended super-distance to remind my body what it feels like. The race won't even be like this. It's over a series of lagoons so it's going to be swim-run-swim the whole time.
I think (and I didn't stop to write them down so I'm not sure) that my 500, 1,o00, and 1,500 yard splits were 7:40, 15:20, and 22:something. So I was hanging at about a 7:40/500 pace, which is pretty good for a chilled out swim.

Ride Day- RW 9/25

Time- 41 minutes
Distance- 9.93mi



Like the swim, I barely got my heart rate up on this. It was a cruise day. Get out, get the legs moving, get a few miles in. That's all. I woke up at 6am to ride today because Stitches and I are going the the air show and we wanted to leave early. I didn't think riding after spending all day in the sun was a great idea, so I got up early instead. It was cool but the exertion quickly warmed me up. And there weren't many cars on the road, which was nice. The sun was peaking over the horizon when I set out and rose while I rode, which was pretty cool. I live in a very beautiful place, and rides like this help me to see that. If only rent (and everything else) wasn't so stupidly high...
I'm at the point in my riding where ten miles in forty minutes is slow and kind of unsatisfying. I'll get over that next Sunday when my ride gets all long and painful again.
I have no foot pain at all, and haven't for a few days. But I think I'm going to stick to my plan and elliptical one last time tomorrow to close out recovery week. My first real (and hopefully pain-free) run will come Wednesday during a ride/run brick.
This concludes your happy fun time super awesome double blog extravaganza.

No comments:

Post a Comment