Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Clay Brick

Cycle/Run Brick Day- Recovery Week

Ride time- 28.52 minutes
Distance- 7.78mi

Run* time- 10 minutes
Distance- 0.5mi

*Walk

Total time- 40 minutes
Total distance- 8.36mi



Today was my second brick day, but I couldn't use it as a real brick because the foot is still not 100%. It comes and goes, going from not sore at all to just a little bit sore but enough to worry me. I've been icing at recess and after school and before bed, also taking ibprofen to reduce any swelling. Its a slow process, and I'm trying to be patient. So instead of running for ten minutes I walked ten with the wife. That was nice.
I'm really happy with how my rides are going. Today I rode down to Dole Pineapple and back. I'm pretty sure the last time I did this ride it took me about thirty minutes, maybe a little under. Today I did it in 20. I actually had to start making up the next place to go because I'd underestimated how far I was going and how quickly I'd go. Kinda nice feeling.
I didn't think I was going to be able to ride at all today. All morning the weather was awful, raining and overcast all over the island. But by the time I got home from school it was all cleared up and beautiful.
Elliptical tomorrow. I love recovery week.

No comments:

Post a Comment