Thursday, August 11, 2011

Falling Victim

Swim Day

1 x 150- Warm-up
10 x 100- 1:30
1 x 500- 7:30
5 x 100- 50-5, 7, 9/50-stroke count
5 x 200- 3:00
1 x 100- Cool down
total- 3250yds

Ah, the first morning swim of a training cycle. Shaking out the cobwebs, feeling good and getting sleepy in the middle of the workout, especially if you put a slow set there.
The ten 100s set was a consistency drill. I wanted to hit all of them on the 1:20. That was pretty successful. I started fast, about 1:16, and then settled in and lit them all up for right around a 1:20 pace. Can't complain about that. Once I get hardcore I'll do the set again on the 1:25. 25 seconds is such an awkward number to calculate when tired though. It's not simple like 30. *bitch moan complain*
The drill set today was supposed to just be 5, 7, 9 breathing drill, but that got boring really quickly so I switched it up for three, four, and five to the 50/50 and that helped. Anything to stay invested in the workout. And the final 200 set, well that wasn't my finest hour. Let us just say that I made the first three, then fell off the pace like Wille E. falls off cliffs. But I finished, and that's important. A nap prior to my run this afternoon may be called for.
**Later**
Aaaaaand fail. I have fallen victim to Tight Hamstring/Gassy Stomach/Wife Nap. THGSWN is something that affects many athletes all over the world. Sometimes we beat it, sometimes it beats us. Today I lost.Seriously though, damn hammy is tight. Stretch streeetch sssttrrreeeeettttccchhh.
Also, check out my little favicon now! I'm excited about small things like that (that's what she said!). Thanks to Super Awesome Wife for helping get it set up.

1 comment:

  1. The favicon isn't showing up on my computer! Lame! I was working when I looked at your blog on the other computer.

    ReplyDelete