Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Every Fookin' Light

Swim Day

1 x 150- Warm-up
5 x 200- 3:00
5 x 50- Sideline kick
3 x 300- 4:30
5 x 100- 50-5, 7, 9/50- stroke count
1 x 500- odd- easy/even-hard
1 x 100- Cool down
total- 3400 yards

Ride Day
Time- 1:30
Distance -29.65mi

Back into big swim sets and I feel strong. Not super-strong and not overly fast, but it is getting there. I made every time standard today, and even brought that final 500 in under 7:20, which means that my hard laps were pretty quick compared to my easy ones. I really like a set like that, it helps me dig deep and attack each lap because I know I've got a cruise coming.
As for the ride, I counted and there are approximately 97,563 lights on my route into town. And every single one was red. Not a couple of them. Not one or two. Every damn one. Check out the pace graph on my Runtastic page. See all those stupid yellow peaks and valleys. That is a visual representation of GO! Pedalpedalpedalcrankcrankcrankwhatthehellyellownononononodon'tturnnoooooooRED. Very annoying. Screwed up my pace too. Nevertheless, I persevered. There are plenty of smaller bump climbs on this ride, even though the big opening is a long descent. And I have to admit something. When I go over a bumpy part of the road I make a motorcycle noise, "Br-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-m-m-m-m-m-m!" It keeps things fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment