Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ride to School and Back

Ride Day

Time- 1hr 40min
Distance- 25mi



Nice ride today. Decided against doing the Haleiwa ride again and went in the other direction, towards my school. So I pretty much made up what I was going to do Wednesday before the rain ruined that idea.
I thought it was going to make much longer to get to school, but I made it in about 33 minutes. Kunia, the road I was one for the majority of the time, is a dippy road. So there is a little climb, then quick dip down and up, then flat-ish for a while then repeat. Doing the climb on base and the climb from Haleiwa have injured me to big ascents so these little ones aren't too taxing. Until you stack a bunch of them on top of each other. Its fun though, zooming down and then trying to quick fast find the right gear to keep as much momentum as possible going back up the other side. And before I knew I was passing my school. I think that the next training day I have on campus, where I don't have to teach, just sit in a all day staff meeting, I might ride to. Pack a change of clothes in my backpack and go.
Coming back was harder than going though. I'm pretty sure that its a very subtle drop all the way into Waipahu, so it's a very subtle, but much more noticeable climb, back to Wahiawa. Took me much longer to get back. All in all it was a good ride. The weather cleared up nicely, which helped.
Tomorrow is a 55 minute run. No gym though.

1 comment:

  1. Yippee - wow Doug that is a long ride. Good for you that it didn't feel long. You are progressing so well.

    ReplyDelete