Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Make Like Da Fishes

Swim Day

1 x 150 Warm-up
3 x 100 Pull- 1:45
8 x 200 Swim- 3:00
1 x 150 Cool down

Total yardage- 2200yds

I'm feeling very positive about my swims. I wish the swim portion of the race were longer. I'm glad I went out last week and checked out the course so I know its not really a mile swim. I'm estimating it's more like four 200-300 yard swims, which is much easier but much shorter. That was what I had in mind when I designed my workout today. The main set of eight 200s is 1600 yards, and I'm thinking that is a good set to prepare for the race.
I made all the times with 15 to 10 seconds to spare, think maybe I was down to five or seven seconds with the last one. This tells me I should have done it on the 2:55. Oh well, too late now.
Weather is rolling in. Hope it clears up for my brick tomorrow. The goal for that workout is quick feet off the bike. No bike/stagger.

No comments:

Post a Comment