Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mr. Mojo Riding

Ride Day

Time- 1 hr 30 minutes
Distance- 22.75mi



First off, I know that's not the lyric. It works, leave me alone.
Last real tough-ish ride of this training cycle today. I didn't work as hard as I could, didn't really try to ride super fast for most of it, but I didn't slack. Call it 85% effort.
Went down to Haleiwa and around then back up again. That hill back up feels flatter and flatter every time I do it. Each trip I can pedal faster for longer and I find more places where I can work it. The first time I did it I felt like I was going so slowly I may tip over. Not so much any more. I think I'm nearly to the point where I could use it as both a muscular workout and a greater aerobic workout.
The bottom of the hill has a nice bike lane that is smooth and fairly level, so that's a good place for me to play with my cadence and control.
The race is getting closer. Doing lots of visualizing during my workouts. Keeping myself in the pack, racing my own race, staying competitive. I feel strong. Dirtbag Fit. Run tomorrow. More intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment