Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Slow Swim and a Negative Split

Swim Day
1 x 150- warm-up
5 x 100- 1:30 (goal time is 1:20 or below)
3 x 50- Sideline kick
1 x 200
1 x 500

Run Day
time- 45 minutes

This morning was a semi-relaxed, super-short stint in the water. The main set was the five one hundreds with a goal time of 1:20 or below. I'm happy to say I made every one of them at the goal. What this tells me is I need to embrace the pain and drop my sets down to a 1:25/100yd pace. Can't win a triathlon in the swim, but you can make the bastard runners earn it.
I'm most pleased with my run. I admit, I didn't go out quite as hard as I may normally have, but that's because I wanted to negative split this. And I did. Good, quick cadence, form felt nice, breathing was controlled. The stomach issues, while not completely abated, were barely there today. I think the problem now might be that it was bad for a few runs so now I'm expecting it and worrying about it. And worrying about it is starting to upset my stomach. See the vicious circle I've trapped myself in? Do you? I hope that after a few clear runs with no real problems I'll start to relax again and be back at it with nothing on my mind but getting some and going again.
Looking forward to the Firecracker Sprint on Sunday. My last few bricks have felt good, I know I'm swimming well, and I think I can cut loose a little more on the run and lay down a fast, no-fear-bring-the-pain, time.

No comments:

Post a Comment