Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Swim in the AM, Run from the Meeting

Swim Day

1 x 150 Warm-up
4 x 150 50-5,7,9/50-catch-up/50-fingertip drag
2 x 200 100-count strokes/100-swim
1 x 100 Cool down

total- 1250yd

Again, nothing strenuous, just getting my stroke back and experimenting with some of the drills I'll be using over the coming months. I'm especially going to be looking at my stroke count and trying to get that down. I'm thinking 12-15 strokes per lap give me 48-60 strokes per 100m and that should be nice and strong and long.

Run

time- 20 min
dist- ?2mi

Again, I'm cruising these early runs, looking for stride and form. Feels good right now, no pain, no issues. Some soreness afterwards, but that's to be expected of course. It's hard to run so slow, I spend time thinking about how this isn't helping and I'm reverting back to my ten-minute miles that I started with. But I know that's not true because it feels slow and because I can feel the energy to go faster in my legs and my lungs. Right now form is more important, that's all. It'll be good for me later.
I hate sitting in meetings (where there is food) before I have to go run. And tomorrow it's going to happen again before my ride. Bleh to meetings. Bleh I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment