Monday, January 17, 2011

Back At It

Ride Day
time- 1 hour
distance- 14.9mi

It begins anew, the triathlon training cycle. This cycle's goal: Honolulu Olympic Tri on May 15. We have 17 week to get it all together, sports fans. Which should be plenty of time. People use 12 week cycles for this distance. But not me, I want a long plan, that way I know what I need to be doing and I feel as prepared as I can be come race day.
Today felt, well, slow. Of course it did. I haven't been on a bike in over a month. It will take some time to feel like I was feeling when I stopped. But as today's ride was twice as long as my first ride all those months ago, and it was the shortest ride in the plan, I should get strong fast. It was also my first real ride on Kratos, my black and red and all my own bike. I think it's going to be just fine for my purposes. It's not the fastest or most aero bike in the world, but that's not important at the level I'm racing at. The engine is what makes the bike go, and that's what I'm working on. Some day, when someone passes a law saying teachers get paid what they are worth, I'll have the money to buy a super-quick, ultra-light speed machine. Until then my trusty Felt F1X will have to do. And, if I ever the the itch to do cyclecross this will be great for that too. It's built for it.
So Dirtbag Fitness is back and Team Dirtbag is ready to get some. And have some fun doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. Teachers are WAY undervalued in this country. I don't know how you all do it.

    Cyclecross? Really? Isn't that more MTBish rather than road rideish? I used a mountain bike my husband built for me for my first (small) non-swim triathalon last year. I always got funny looks from the cyclists when I was training. I may have had to work a lot harder, but I was in some serious shape after that race.

    ReplyDelete