ANYWAY, Here are the rules
Post these rules
You must post 11 random things about yourself
Answer the questions set for you in their post
Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 questions for me to answer...
- Do you keep a training log? I keep an overly detailed training blog.
- Do you think videos of guys getting hit in their privates are funny? As long as Bob Sagat isn't involved in some way and Daniel Tosh is.
- Train/Race - socks or no socks? Train- socks, race triathlon- no socks, race non-triathlon- socks.
- What is your favorite movie? This is Spinal Tap or Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Do you listen to music while you train? Sometimes when I'm running, but normally I want to hear the car that hits me.
- Heel striker or mid/forefoot? Mid/fore foot.
- How many pairs of running shoes do you own? I am a Vibram whore. I own two pairs of Bikilas and a pair of TrekSports for trail running/hiking.
- What is your favorite color? Isn't it weird that adults still have a favorite color? I like green.
- Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent, Other... Don't Care? Liberal. Couldn't be more liberal. Which puts my on the Democratic side of pretty much everything.
- At what training distance do you decide to carry your own hydration? I always bring water on the bike, and if I'm going to be out for at least an hour on a run.
- Do you wear your workout clothes more than once before washing them? Yes, laundry money doesn't grow on trees. but I rinse them in the sink after workouts and before hanging them to dry.
1) I was a cheerleader in college, where I learned a standing back tuck (which I probably can't still do at the moment).
2) I don't drink and never have and for a long time was really militant in my attitude towards people who did. I've softened somewhat.
3) I have the rough drafts of two novels saved on my computer, waiting to be edited and fixed again before I take a stab at e-pub-ing them on smashwords or somewhere similar.
4) I can't walk by a reflective surface without looking at myself. Narcissus had nothing on me.
5) Children are better than adults because when a child acts stupid and ignorant, it's because they are a child. When an adult acts stupid and ignorant it's because they are.
6) I judge my Facebook friends based on their grammar, spelling, and punctuation in posts.
7) I'm an atheist.
8) Before I met my wife I was 100% sure I was never going to get married.
9) If I could, I would be a rock star. In my car I am one. Even when I'm not alone. Much to the chagrin of my wife.
10) I talk to my motorcycle. A lot. Even when it's sitting in the driveway and I'm walking by it I pat her, just to remind her that I love her. Her name is Ms. Riley, after the teacher in Rocket Boys who inspires Homer Hickham to pursue his dream.
11) The best concert I've ever been to was Paul McCartney. Rounding out the Top 5, but in no particular order, would be "Weird" Al Yankovic, Aerosmith on the Nine Lives tour, The Real Steel tour with Static X, Slayer, and Pantera, and every Black Dawn/Sole Survivor/ Thirteenth Hour show I ever saw (because those guys are my best friends and it's so cool to watch your friends kicking ass on stage)
Questions for Other People to Answer
1) What CD/MP3 is spinning in your car/iPod right now?
2) What is the best book you've ever read?
3) Have you ever accidentally sent a wildly inappropriate text to the wrong person?
4) John Stewart or Stephen Colbert?
5) Do "the good old days" really exist or is today just as good and bad as the past was?
6) Bigger fear- escaping a fire or public speaking off the cuff to a crowd of strangers?
7) What is one country you wish you could visit?
8) David Lee Roth Van Halen or Sammy Hagar Van Halen?
9) Do you consider yourself an above average dancer?
10) If you could live in a decade other than this one, which would it be? (You are allowed to change location)
11) Choosing only one member from existing or previously existing bands, create the perfect four or five piece band (six if you need a keyboard player). They can only do one thing in the band (example- Paul McCartney can sing OR play bass, but not both.) You may not pick Hendrix or a fictional musician (Animal from the Muppets, Nigel Tuffnel from Spinal Tap, etc).
I'm tagging anyone reading this who wants to play and hasn't yet. I know that's a cop-out, I don't care. I'm pretty sure that's only Mr. Fit Life, and Jason. If you don't have a blog but want to play, do so in the comments section.
And now for today's funny video. I think this guy follows my blog. And if not he can to pick up some good swim sets.