Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dirtbag Doing Work

Swim Day
1 x 150- Warm-up
5 x 200- 3:00
5 x 50- Sideline kick
1 x 300- odd easy/even hard
1 x 300- 4:21-ish
total- 2000 yards

Run Day
time- 36:21

Well, today was better than the last two days. Not great, but better. My swim still sucked for me, but at least I got further through it. Rather than re-write a workout I decided to knock down the one I punked out on Tuesday. Nearly did too. There was supposed to be another odd/even 300, and a hard out 200 at the end too. Stopped feeling it and decided to save my energy for the run or brick in the afternoon.
Up until I left school I planned on bricking today. I haven't put a brick into the Fortress of Fitness in a while and I need to get a few in before the Ko'Oina tri in mid-October. But it was raining all around my house and while I don't mind getting rained on while I'm riding, I didn't feel like it today. So I went with a straight run instead, choosing to save my riding legs for Saturday's big push to 85. My runs have been so up and down recently I've decided that unless I'm feeling stellar my run goals are becoming very simple:
Run consistent.
Try to relax and enjoy it.
That is all. I need to work my way back into running and get my brain out of it so I can find the Fast in fartlek runs and cruise strong on LSD (Long Slow Distance) days. Today went well towards those goals. If I didn't negative split it I came close. I never went all the way to Suffering but I was in Mid-to-High Cruise for most of my time out. It'll come back. Patience, Dirtbag. Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment