Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'm That Runner

Run
time- 23:56
distance- 2.38mi

Today I was That Runner. I didn't mean to be. It was an accident, I swear. I didn't do it on purpose.
Today...I matched my training gear. All of it.

Yep. Red, black and white visor. Red, black and white shirt. Red, black, and white Bikilas. Black running shorts. At least I don't have black and red earrings in.
Yeah, sometimes it's fun to match. Racing I try to put it all together. Want to look good in the race photos. But running down the road in matching gear? It looks funny. Like you're trying too hard. Like I should have a sign on my back that says, "I'M TRAINING FOR THINGS!"*
 The run felt alright. Not great, but better than it had been feeling. Achilles tendons start out feeling a little tight but they loosen up, and I'm foam rolling afterwards, so hopefully keeping the runs short and easy, plus rolling out, will prevent re-injury.
*yes, I bought a bike jersey from the Honu that I wear when I'm riding. That's different because shut up.

1 comment: