Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wherein I Almost Get Hit By a Car

Swim Day

1 x 150 Warm-up
5 x 100 50-5,7,9; 50- fingertip drag- 1:45
4 x 200 - 3:00
1 x 150 Cool down

Total yards- 1600

My swim felt strong today, which is nice going into the week of the race. I made all the sets solid and even got faster as the 200 set went on. Body position felt right for the most part, pull felt strong.
Course, that could be from the adrenaline shooting through my system because some douche nearly killed me in the gym parking lot. I was crossing the street in the crosswalk, which has a stop sign. I was watching this guy ripping through the parking lot way faster than he should have been. But I'm the the crosswalk, behind a stop sign. It'll be fine.
I keep an eye on him as he fast approaches. Dude is not even thinking about his brakes. He flies flies FLIES through the stop and the crosswalk. The only reason he didn't hit me was because I realized at the last minute, "Nope, he ain't stopping or swerving," and jumped out of the way. Literally. I literally had to leap from where I was walking to the curb, spinning a quarter turn in the air. If I had not leapt he would have hit me. If I hadn't spun he would have still clipped me. Guy on the sidewalk saw the whole thing and was yelling at the driver/attempted killer while I was still in the air. Dude never slowed down, didn't turn around, nothing. Probably has no idea what he almost did today.
So, while my swim was good, I'm kinda just happy I was able to swim today. Almost hit by a car on a SWIM DAY. What kinda shit is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment