Friday, April 27, 2012

I Did Workout! I Swear!

Ride (Wednesday)
1 x Pineapple Hill

Swim (Thursday)
1 x 200- warm-up
5 x 200- 3:00
Ladder
500- miss
400- miss
300- miss
1 x 50- easy
500- 7:34
1 x 100 cool down

I was crashing out on Wednesday. Not feeling it, something was wrong. I think I'm fighting off a low-level cold. Whatever it was, riding did not appeal to me. I had to get out on the road though so I went down Pineapple and back up. Headwind while climbing is the suck. But it makes me stronger, right? Felt strange to only do one lap. My Garmin battery died almost immediately because I didn't check it before I left the house, but I think I only ride 16 miles or so. Unimpressive.
My swim was good, at least as far as distance goes. I don't think I've been cranking out the big yardage like I should be, so 3k+ will be the goal distance for most of my remaining workouts in the pool. I missed nearly every time standard, which annoys me but I should have expected it. My training in the water has suffered in the last few weeks and I shouldn't expect results I haven't worked for. It'll come back.
I didn't run yesterday for a variety of non-injury related reasons. Simply put, a run didn't happen. It might happen after school today, but I'm not sure. For sure Sunday.
This has been a downer post, so...here

OK, so I actually LOLed at this one. That seems like a nice place to leave it.

1 comment: